We are now fully staffed for the 2021 Season
Join Us – Waskesiu Lake Marina Adventure Centre
If you are interested in a career in tourism or just an awesome job these experiences are stepping stones to achieve personal goals, build confidence and gain skills to last a lifetime.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Overview for all Positions
- flexible work schedule, free shared accommodation (value $500/mo.), free laundry facilities, overtime opportunities, use of marina equipment when available, a variety in duties performed.
- end of season bonus of $2.00/hr for all regular hours worked provided you stay for the timeframe initially hired for.
- Opportunity exists to earn tips related to how well you perform the job.
Job Summary: Marina Attendant
Training Provided – Learn New Skills!
- Anticipate/respond to client needs
- Able to work independently, together with a team.
- Providing marina services;
- Watercraft rentals, moorage and storage
- Variety of retail sales
- Issuing fishing permits, launch permits
- Fueling of boats
- Shuttle service between parking lots to boats
- Facility cleaning, minor maintenance
- Assisting at boat launch and with stranded boaters
- Aware and mindful of safety procedures
- Learn about Prince Albert National Park
- Boat operation skills
- Driving/backing up boats & trailers
- Organize and assist with special events..
The Small Details
Training – detailed training will be provided the first week when you start work. It will consist of hands on training and also job shadowing if applicable.
Uniforms – You will be provided with uniforms consisting of T-shirts with the Marina logo plus ball caps. Guidelines are in place for other outerwear. If hired we will discuss the outerwear, colours, style, etc.
Wage – You will be paid by direct deposit on a bi-weekly basis. Wage package for first year staff is $14.50 including the end of season bonus of $2/hr for all hours worked at one of our locations
Hours of work – hours will range from 32 to 40 hrs per week. Marina operations can be slower in the months of May, June and on rain or wind days and less hours will be worked. We put a high priority on customer service and overtime opportunities exist. We pay according to the Saskatchewan Labour Standards.
Accommodations – on site at the Main Marina is a three bedroom and two bedroom residence shared with other Marina staff. It is furnished, complete kitchen with dishes, utensils and a small deck area with BBQ provided. No rent is taken but we ask that upon departure the buildings are left in the same clean condition as when you moved into them. The Marina also provides 5th wheel trailers with hookups of power, water and sewer also in a ready to move in condition You would need to bring bedding, towels and your personal belongings.